There are many benefits of bento lunch boxes, and bento lunch boxes are the perfect way to pack snacks that will keep you on your healthy diet while satisfying those cravings we all get between meals. You can even pack some of the compartments with your lunch items and use other compartments to hold your snacks. The Bento box compartments will keep each item separately so you don’t have to worry about anything getting soggy or smooshed.
Top Three Satisfying Vegan Snack Recipes for Your Bento Lunch Box
When you feel a snack craving coming on, there is no need to stress over staying on your healthy diet. Pack your Bento box with one of the top vegan recipes below, and it will be easy to stay on track. Just open your Bento box and indulge.
This easy-to-make, energy-boosting snack does not even require cooking anything!
Total time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes in the fridge
Makes: 12-14 balls
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-free, Gluten-free
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 7 or 8 ounces your choice of raw or roasted almonds
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon your choice of cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons water, if needed
- Crushed peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend until the mixture begins to form a dough. If it looks and feels dry, add a little water until the mixture becomes a little sticky.
- Using your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into snack-sized balls. Place the balls on the lined baking sheet.
- Pour the crushed peanuts onto a plate or flat surface and roll the balls in the nuts to coat. Return them to the prepared tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- The Peanut Butter Bliss Balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
This is a satisfying Mediterranean-style snack. For a full lunch, add a fresh green salad and a piece of pita bread.
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes in the fridge
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes plus 30 minutes refrigeration time
For the Falafel:
- 8 or 9 -ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for pan-frying
For the Yogurt Dip:
- 4 ounces plain low-fat or fat-free yogurt
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, flour, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Blend until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl. Shape the mixture into 6 falafel balls and flatten slightly between your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sautee the falafel balls in the hot oil until cooked through (about 4 or 5 minutes on each side), turning as needed until golden in color.
- Serve the falafel balls with the yogurt dip.
Vegan Protein Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 60 minutes in the fridge
Total time: 15 minutes plus 60 minutes chilling time
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 ounces roasted almonds
- 1-ounce sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1-1/2 ounce desiccated coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 ounce unflavored or vanilla vegan protein powder (optional)
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 ounces tahini
For the chocolate topping
- 1-1/2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Place the Medjool dates into a small bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Place the chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, goji berries, coconut, sea salt,, and protein powder in a food processor. Process until the mixture becomes flour.
- Add the Medjool dates and tahini to the flour and process for 2-3 minutes until well combined. The mixture will become a little sticky.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using wet hands, press the mixture evenly into the pan and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
- Once firm, cut into even bars.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double boiler. Use a fork to drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars. Return the bars to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set.
- Store the Protein Bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Reach Out to Kangovou Today For Quality Bento Boxes and Tasty Recipes
Bento boxes by Kangovou are versatile and convenient, especially for people who care about the freshness, quality, and nutritional value of the food they eat. Contact Kangovou online for more information about the many Bento boxes available and for healthy recipes.