Nothing beats a Bento box for your kids’ meals on the go. They are durable, stylish, and eco-wise, and they come in all different sizes. The individual compartments are leak-proof with an air-tight seal, so they can easily hold yogurt, applesauce, dips, or whatever, keeping everything fresh without turning anything into mush. These compartments come in handy when it’s time to clean the bento box. An advantage bento box has over other serving products.
With so many clear advantages over traditional lunch boxes or brown bags, your children’s Bento boxes will get regular, heavy-duty use. It is important that you keep their Bento boxes properly cleaned so that they are always sanitary and ready to pack with another fun, healthy meal that your child will love.
Cleaning Your Bento Lunch Box
Another major advantage of the Bento box over bags and other types of lunch boxes is the Bento box is very easy to clean. It should be washed after each use. Just follow a few easy steps to clean your Bento box and it will be ready to use for the next meal on the go:
Separate Any Loose Parts
Wash the parts of your Bento box individually. Separate loose parts for thorough cleaning. Carefully remove the silicone seal inside the lid and wash it. Mold and bacteria can begin growing on the seal, which is not only unhygienic, but it can prevent an air-tight, leak-proof seal.
Wash By Hand Or Dishwasher
You can wash your Bento box in warm, soapy water by hand. If you have a 3-Piece Bento Box, all parts are dishwasher safe. You need to remove the inner tray and the silicone seal from the outer case, then place all three pieces in the top rack of the dishwasher to clean. Some models can be washed in the dishwasher every day.
For certain models, use caution placing the outer box in the dishwasher because the heat can warp it. If you wash any parts by hand, avoid using abrasive cleaning cloths to minimize the likelihood of scratches and scratching off any special designs on the insert trays and compartments.
If you have packed your Bento box with oily food, you may notice an oily build-up on the surfaces. You can safely remove the build-up with a paste made of baking soda and warm water.
Ensure All Parts Are Fully Dry
Dry and store the Bento box immediately after washing. Use a clean cloth or paper towel to dry all parts. It’s best to store the parts separately to help prevent warping and to ensure they dry completely.
Be sure that all parts are fully dry before packing your Bento box with food.
Why Use A Bento Box For Your Child’s Lunches?
Bento boxes are wildly popular with kids and their parents for many reasons:
- They are fun! Bento boxes come in a wide range of sizes, colors and designs.
- They encourage children to try new foods. The different compartments let you pack a wide variety of foods and treats into the box. When your child pops open the Bento box at lunchtime, he or she opens each of the containers and the food is ready to eat. Nothing has to be unwrapped or separately opened. Even your pickiest eater will be enticed to sample everything.
- They keep each item separated. The compartments keep each food item from touching each other. For some children, keeping things separate encourages them to eat.
- They save you time. You do not have to separately wrap each food item. The compartments seal off from each other and everything stays air-tight.
- They keep food fresh and safe for hours – Bento boxes are leakproof, so you can pack just about anything in it and nothing leaks or gets soggy.
- They are easy to clean. Most are dishwasher safe so you will always have one ready to pack. The built-in compartments mean you don’t have lots of small pieces to worry about.
- They are free of unhealthy chemicals.
- They can keep your child’s lunch cool and fresh on hot days. Just freeze some yogurt, fruit or jelly into one of the compartments the night before, and then pack it frozen in the Bento box. It will help keep the lunch cool, and by lunchtime, it will have defrosted and ready to eat!
Contact Kangovou For More Information
Bento boxes make it easy for you to pack a healthy, well-rounded, calorie-conscious lunch for your child. Your child will love how easy and fun it is to open the box and enjoy each special compartmentalized dish. With regular use, your kids’ Bento box will suffer scratches and marks. Such normal wear and tear will not impair the integrity of the Bento box itself. It is designed to last a long time with minimal care. You will love it so much you will want one for yourself.