These days, more people are becoming more health conscious and aware of what they are consuming. Many people are realizing that it is time to take note of what is going into their bodies. Vegetarian and vegan lifestyles, as well as gluten free diets are becoming the norm and more socially accepted in take-out restaurants and other dining establishments.
While restaurants are also catching on, it is important to know how to make these health-conscious meals in the comfort of your own home. Luckily, gluten free recipes can be made in little to no time using only a few ingredients. They also make for great leftovers and can be used for preparing meals during the week. Grab your notebook, put on your best chef hat, and get ready to dig into these gluten free recipes.
1. Breakfast Burrito Bowl
Spice breakfast up with something other than oatmeal, or muffins. This gluten free breakfast burrito bowl can be made in a few easy steps. Using sweet potatoes, peppers, onion, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, black beans, and spices of your choice, you can whip this up in no time. With just a few easy steps, you will have the perfect, filling breakfast:
- Start by melting coconut oil in a large skillet
- Sauté your sweet potato until its tender
- Add in your peppers, onion, and spices. A few recommended spices are cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper for taste
- Stir in some spinach, mushrooms, and garlic and let the mix cook for a few minutes
- Stir in your black beans and let the mix continue to heat
- Taste and add any additional seasonings where you see fit
Now you are all set and ready to eat! Some recipes call for the burrito bowl to be topped with a fried egg and salsa, but both are optional and you can take or leave whichever extra ingredients you wish. Feed your family and friends with this easy recipe that can make around 6 servings.
2. Baked Oatmeal Cups
This recipe for baked oatmeal cups can bring some excitement to your morning routine. For a quick, easy, and gluten free treat for your morning commute you will need chia seeds, water, mashed ripe banana, all-natural no sugar peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, old fashioned oats, ground cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and mini dark chocolate chips.
- Mix the chia seeds and water together to create a chia egg
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and spray your muffin pan with non-stick spray to prep
- Adding to the “chia egg”, you will stir in your banana, peanut butter, almond milk, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips
- Take a ¼ measuring spoon and use that to scoop the mix and place them into the muffin pan
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove them from the oven
- Top the oatmeal cups with nonfat plain Greek yogurt, fruit, or maple syrup
3. Crockpot Vegetarian Chili
It is always the season to make some good chili. Whether for lunch or dinner, this vegetarian chili can be made in the crockpot and is both vegetarian-friendly and gluten free. To make this recipe, you will need red onion, celery, carrot, green pepper, red pepper, sweet potato, spices, green chiles, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and beans.
- Prep your veggies by dicing your onion, tomato, as well as your sweet potato
- Once the veggies are prepped, add them into your crockpot (Crockpot should be greased)
- Add in your spices: garlic powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper
- Add in your green chiles, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours
4. Skinny Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Low in calories and high in health, these banana muffins serve as a great snack. You will need oat flour, old fashioned oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, applesauce, dark brown sugar, mashed ripe bananas, vegan dark chocolate chips, distilled white vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a cup and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in a large bowl
- Whisk together the oil, applesauce, vanilla, dark brown sugar, and the milk + vinegar mixture and stir. Then stir in bananas
- Add in your chocolate chips then fill in your muffin pans with a ¼ measuring cup
- Bake the mix for 5 minutes at 425 degrees then decrease the temperature to 375 degrees and let the muffins cook for an additional 5 minutes
Remove your muffins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes then serve warm for guilt-free banana muffins!
5. Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
Vegetables are always a go-to whether it is a side dish during dinner or a quick snack to fuel you during the day. A quick and simple recipe, but did we mention healthy and gluten free? All you will need: sweet potato, asparagus, red bell pepper, and red onion. You will also incorporate some seasonings.
- Grab your balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil to get started
- Place prepared vegetables into a large bowl and place those to the side. In another small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, basil, and pepper
- Pour your whisked mix over vegetables and let it marinate for about 30 minutes and preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Dump your vegetables to 425 degrees and place a silicone mat onto your baking sheet
- Spread your vegetables on the sheet and spread them into an even, single layer
- Bake your vegetables for 20-30 minutes and make sure to stir them every 10 minutes
- After 30 minutes, taste and re-season if necessary
If your veggies are to your desired tenderness, take them out, give them a taste and enjoy. This is by far one of the best gluten free recipes available!
Storing Your Gluten Free Recipes With Bento Lunch Boxes
The best thing about these gluten free recipes is that they create enough serving sizes to create leftovers for lunch, dinner, or a snack during the daytime. When it comes to storing the leftovers, you want to make sure you have the proper fridge storage. While Tupperware is popular, unique lunch boxes like bento lunch boxes provide the convenience and storage capacity for any type of food. With different compartments made specifically to retain the freshness of your freshly cooked food, bento lunch boxes are the best choice.
Where you store your food is just as important and the type of food you eat. Kangovou is your go-to bento box lunch company, offering the best in BPA-free dishes, utensils, lunchboxes, and more. Click now to start shopping on Kangovou to store your gluten free recipes.