Your bento lunch boxes are the perfect choice for keeping vegan meals fresh and tasty for hours. Bento boxes are available in a wide range of sizes and designs, with compartments that can even hold liquids without turning your entire meal into a mushy disaster.
Top Five Vegan Recipes To Pack In Your Bento Lunch Box
Whether you plan to pack your bento lunch boxes with a vegan lunch on the job, for a picnic, or to take along on a hike, your Bento box can handle the job. Designed with convenient compartments that keep food items fresh and separated from each other, you don’t need to take time to wrap individual items in plastic or foil. The specially designed compartments make packing your meal easy, giving your confidence that it will still be fresh when you want to eat. Pack your Bento box in the morning with your favorite vegan food items and enjoy a beautiful, healthy meal later in the day. When you get home, you simply toss the compartments into the dishwasher and it will be ready to go for the next time. Below are five top vegan recipes for your Bento box lunch.
For the salad, toss shredded purple cabbage, fresh salad greens, and microgreens of your choice, and then throw in some mint, beets, shredded carrots, cilantro, basil, and whatever else you like. Toss it all with Asian dressing (recipe below). Fill the remaining compartments with your favorite fresh sides, such as sliced cucumbers, sliced apricots, strawberries, cherries, avocado, mango, and peaches.
Instructions For Salad Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons tahini paste or almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice or rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Stir ingredients together and pour on salad. The dressing can also be used as a dip for veggie rolls.
- 4 whole grain 6-inch tortillas
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4-5 romaine leaves, sliced
- Mix black beans with chili powder and cumin.
- Layer each tortilla wrap evenly with black beans followed by salsa and sour cream.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and sliced romaine leaves.
- Wrap tightly and slice into bite-sized pieces or leave whole.
Fill the remaining compartments with slices of your favorite fresh fruit and berries.
Sprinkle fresh tomatoes and fresh Mozzarella cubes with salt, pepper, and oregano. Place in one of your Bento box compartments. Place some mango chunks in another compartment. Hard boil an egg, sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and your favorite spices, and place it in another compartment. For an extra treat, include one of these
Homemade Protein Squares
- 1 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (any flavor will work)
- 3/4 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 cup any mix of nuts, raisins, dried fruit, unsweetened coconut, SF chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar-free Torani syrup (any flavor will work)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons extra unsweetened coconut for the topping
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a non-stick 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread mixture in pan evenly. Sprinkle with extra unsweetened coconut.
- Bake at 325 for 16 minutes.
- Place under the broiler for a minute or two until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares.
- 3 C cooked pasta
- 1 1/2 C diced cooked sweet potato
- 1 C cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 C pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in the fridge.
Fill your remaining compartments with crunchy fresh vegetables, nuts, and fruit slices.
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Avocado slices or guacamole
- Provolone cheese slices
- Two slices of your favorite bread
- Layer the ingredients on your bread.
- Grill on medium heat to melt the cheese.
Fill your remaining Bento box compartments with fresh vegetables, hummus for dipping, and pieces of your favorite fruit.
Reach Out to Kangovou for More Great Bento Box Menu Ideas Today!
Top-selling Kangovou bento lunch boxes are beautifully designed and are available with an assortment of compartment plates and bowls. The four hinged, lock-tight lids are designed to prevent leaks, and they can keep your food hot or cold from the moment you pack it until you eat it. Contact Kangovou online for more delicious vegan menu ideas for your Bento box.